Thursday, April 14, 2011

It was a night of wonderful excess







For graduation, my uncle Jason met me in New York City and he and a friend of his took me out to dinner at Daniel Boulud's incredible four star restaurant "Daniel." We chose the six course tasting menu and were off on a true culinary adventure. I had duck terrine with sicilian pistachio, peekytoe crab salad with cumin-carrot coulis, thai snapper ceviche with cucumber vinaigrette, grilled alaskan king salmon with chanterelle, duo of beef, and finally warm guanaja chocolate coulant with liquid caramel, fluer de sel, and milk sorbet. My uncle surprised me with a special grapefruit dessert bearing "Congratulations Sarah" in a beautiful chocolate script! Dessert was accompanied by coffee, fresh madeleines and an assortment of chocolates.

My uncle and his friend both looked sharp in suits and ties. I wore my new long chiffon skirt, and borrowed M's top and bag. It was so much fun dressing up for a formal occasion!


[Skirt - American Apparel, belt - J Crew, top - HM, bag - Sisley, boots - Forever 21, watch - Michael Kors]

-Sarah

1 comment: